Introducing, the Trailblazers Training and Camp Fund! In this exciting new initiative, AboutFace is offering training on working with children and youth with facial differences to camps across Canada.
Camps that receive the training will have funding available for children and youth with a facial difference who wish to go to their camp. Camps that receive this training will be Trailblazers Approved!
The training will cover topics such as:
- Introduction to facial differences
- Working with kids with a facial difference
- Inclusive programming and trauma-informed practice
This year, we are excited to announce that we are partnering with the following camps for the Trailblazers Training and Camp Fund:
- Camp Manitou, Manitoba
- Registrations will open on February 22nd! Please note that when booking, it will seem as though you are being waitlisted, however, you can still fill out the application. Please answer the question “Are you with AboutFace Trailblazers?” with “Yes“. Please follow the link to register: https://manitoucamp.campbrainregistration.com/
- Brigadoon Village, Nova Scotia
- Registration is open! Please follow the link to register through Trailblazers: https://brigadoon.campbrainregistration.com/
- Camp Maple Leaf
- Registration is open! Please follow the link to register for Trailblazers: https://www.campmapleleaf.ca/jacobs-island-programs-ontario/#trail
If you are interested in attending any of these camps, please apply through the camp’s registration site linked above. These camps have been long-time supporters of AboutFace, and we are happy to have them involved with this initiative.
If you would like more information about the fund, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or need assistance with registration, please contact the respective camp.
Are you a camp interested in receiving the training? Do you know a camp that would be interested in receiving this training? Email email@example.com.
Donate to Trailblazers Fund
If you are interested in donating to this fund please click the button below.